- After turning the power off to the unit, rinse outdoor coil annually with a garden hose to remove dust, grass cuttings, etc.
- Check unit operation annually. Do not wait until you need cool air! Annual maintenance is recommended.
- It is recommended that the thermostat be set no lower than 21ºC (70ºF) for cooling. Below this temperature, ice could form on the indoor coil, possibly resulting in damage to the equipment.
- If ice forms on the connectors going into the indoor coil or outdoor unit, turn the equipment off and call for service immediately!
- In cooling mode, do not lower temperature setting on the thermostat unless the outdoor unit has been off for five minutes. The breaker will probably trip or a fuse may blow if you turn it on too soon.